If you live in Utah and love pets, there’s really only one place to be on October 2-3. That’s when shelters and rescue groups across the state will be loading up homeless puppies, kittens, dogs and cats and heading to the Best Friends NKUT Super Adoption event, presented by BOBS from Skechers, at the Utah State Fairpark in Salt Lake City. The goal is to find homes for as many of them as possible.
“The best thing about the event is that there are so many animals to choose from,” says NKUT Coalition manager Tracy Kelley. “Groups bring adoptable pets from all over the state so people can see a real variety of animals all in one place.”
Adoption fees starting at just $25, two-for-one specials, and the added bonus of knowing that every pet adopted is a life saved, make this a super event indeed. If that’s not enough, here are the top seven other reasons to meet pets from all over the state, and maybe even bring one (or two) home.
1. Choices: Do you love tuxedo cats, tabbies, herding dogs, kittens, tiny dogs, couch potatoes or good family dogs? With more than 800 adoptable pets, the NKUT Super Adoption has someone for everyone. And all animals will be spayed or neutered and current on vaccines.
2. Perks: Free parking, free admission, free photo booth, free goodie bag with every adoption, free microchipping on-site for all pets adopted at the event. And the first 100 adopters receive (you guessed it) a free registration to Strut Your Mutt .
3. Adoption drawing: Overstock.com has donated one impressive cat tree that will be on display in the cat building. Everyone who adopts a cat at the event will be entered into a drawing to win it.
4. Saturday surprise: We can’t spill the beans here, but stay tuned to our social media channels on Saturday, especially if you’re a cat person. No more hints!
5. Warm fuzzies: All super adoption pets previously lost their homes, so every adoption means a new beginning and a life saved. This year we’ll have an adoption tree with unique “foliage,” like cat paws and dog bone cutouts to honor each and every pet who finds a home at the event.
6. Meet and greet: There’s no better place to come out and meet the people working hard to save pets throughout Utah. People representing a total of 23 shelters and rescue groups from around the state will be there, along with the sweetest, most adorable, ready-to-go-home pets.
7. More information: Read about last spring’s Best Friends NKUT Super Adoption where nearly 470 pets found great homes.
Get more details, directions, hours and information here.